Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Aaaahhh, summer nights...

You know how you get so behind at something that you don't even want to start because you know it will take you ages to dig yourself out of the hole you have created?  Yeah... no posts since Easter should say it all.  We went on vacation for five weeks and I have so much to post!  I'm going to try to catch up but it may take a few weeks so check back often...

I took these pictures one night before we left. It was one of those perfect nights where you go outside and you feel like the air is massaging your skin.  I wait all winter for those nights. 

Norah couldn't have been cuter. She loves being outside and exploring the backyard. We have a dog door that Higgins uses to get outside and Norah will occasionally use it to get in to the house.  She's only used it when we are with her... until the other day. We had conversation that went something like this:

Norah: "Mom, I want to go outside!" (yes, she is speaking in complete sentences now and it kind of scares me)

Me: "Not right now sweetie, mommy needs to finish getting ready and we need to get your pants and shoes on before we go outside."

Norah: "I want to go outside!"

Me: "We will go outside in a few minutes, okay sweetie?"

Norah: "I want to go outside!"

Me: "Let's get your shoes on first, okay?"

I proceeded to finish getting ready but noticed the house suddenly got very quiet.  I went to look for her but couldn't find her. I glanced out the kitchen window and saw my little blonde ragamuffin outside in the backyard in her diaper and without shoes digging in the dirt with her shovel. It was hilarious! I am in trouble...

IMG_6727-1 

IMG_6752-1

IMG_6762-1

IMG_6763-1

1 comment:

Holly said...

Love the pics and miss you guys!!!