Sunday, January 10, 2010

Collection

Forgot about this…

For about a month after Halloween (when I finally decided to pack up all of the decorations) Norah carried her jack-o-lantern everywhere she went. She picked up things of interest to her and stowed them away in her little bucket of wonders. She kept an inventory of everything in it. For example, if I took out the half-eaten hershey’s bar and put it in the trash, it would somehow end up right back in the pumpkin. If she saw me using the makeup brush she kept in it she would say, “No, Mom!”, take it from me and quickly put it back in her stash. 

IMG_9295-1

IMG_9303-1

Here’s what I found one day:

  • makeup brush
  • thing you you freeze to keep your breast milk cold (I’m sure these have an actual name)
  • one shoe
  • half-eaten Hershey Bar
  • golf ball
  • bracelet
  • empty wrapper
  • teaspoon
  • rubber band
  • toy horse
  • clothespin

The items would vary on different days as she would lose interest in one thing and be attracted to another. It was always fun to see what made it in the bucket.

IMG_9454-2

Our little collector!

1 comment:

Caroline Brock said...

I love it! It's funny how different kids are "collectors" Abby is definitely my collector--she also has an uncanny ability to "find" things like candy, puzzle pieces, shells, etc. Perhaps the 2 qualities are linked!