Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dress-up

I am in trouble when Norah reaches her teenage years.  She already loves clothes and shoes!  One of her favorite things to do is play dress-up.  Anytime she sees an article of clothing that she particularly likes, she attempts to "wear" it.  By wearing it I mean attempting to put it over her head but only managing to get it around her neck.  She will not do this with just any piece of clothing, she knows her style.  She likes anything soft and colorful. The other day I found her in my room digging through a bag of clothes that I had put away because she had outgrown them...

IMG_5780-1  IMG_5790-1

 IMG_5784-1

She also LOVES shoes and insists on wearing them with everything (even with nothing!).  The minute she sees a pair she won't stop saying "shoes-shoes" until they are safely on her feet. Her favorite ones are a pair of too big, black patent-leather shoes with a thick rubber sole that she can barely walk in.  I try to hide these from her as we have had one too many accidents!

IMG_5770-1 IMG_5801-1

IMG_5776-1

But her favorite thing of all to "wear" is... my bra!  She managed to get this on all be herself and wouldn't let me take it off for a good hour. (notice the shoes)

IMG_5754-1

 IMG_5760-1

5 comments:

Heather said...

Hahaha! That is so cute! I love it!

Mandi said...

Mandi, i am not kidding when i say the exact same thing is happening over here! Seriously I feel like i'm in the twilight zone while reading this! June is obsessed with putting clothes on her neck just like that. and she is obsessed with putting william's shoes on. she gets so frustraited when she can't keep his crocks on she throws a fit! oh it is so cute to see how similar they are! i will say she hasn't gotten to my bra yet!sorry for the bad spelling. but i'm too lazy to spell check!

Holly said...

I LOVE the bra pics. She is so cute!

Caroline Brock said...

Mandi and Mandi--you guys are both rookies! You have only JUST BEGUN when it comes to clothes and shoe fetishes. Wait until they go through your jewelry box and ask what things they get if you die!!!!

And, Mandi--loved seeing the pink and black shoes I sent you--hopefully those cute patent leather ones will still be her favorite when they fit!

Kev and Chels said...

Ha! That's hilarious!