Sunday, November 30, 2008

OME!

On November 21, 2008 Twilight the movie premiered- need I say more? 

Most of my friends in St Louis and abroad were under the impression that I was taking a trip to lovely Utah to visit my sister who just had a new baby (which was true, of course) but the real reason for the trip was to see Twilight with my aunt and best friend Cami!  Sssshhh- don't tell!

Oh what fun it was!  It started with the midnight showing on Thursday night at The District.  The place was packed with girls and women of all ages who were wearing everything from vampire shirts to prom dresses!  (The theater put on a "Twilight Prom" before the show, hence all the girls in dresses) I couldn't believe how crowded it was!  Everyone was abuzz with anticipation for the movie.  When the clock finally struck twelve we were just as excited.  And the movie didn't disappoint!  Granted, we didn't go in with high expectations, and it definitely wasn't as good as as the book, but overall I liked it. 

We made it home by about 2:30 and dragged ourselves to bed to try to get some sleep for the big premiere event.  Cami is a part of this group called Twilghtmoms.com.  When she joined it had around 150 people- now there are over 20,000!  About 30 of them put on a premiere event at The Disctrict, including Cami, and I think it was more than she signed up for!  It was the largest premiere event outside of the one in Los Angeles!  It was crazy!  Who knew that people were so mad about Twilight?  Cami was there pretty much all day setting up and helping out with Twilight pictionary!  Due to a mix up in location (I'm an idiot and drove to Jordan Commons first) I didn't get there until about on hour before our showing started.  It was crazy though!  They had everything Twilight that a girl (or boy) could want!

ome1 ome2

We started out in the Vampire Dazzle Booth where we were sprayed from head to toe with glitter, got our goody bags and free movie posters and then proceeded to shop at the booths that were set up around the room.  Some of the more interesting ones included:

Twilight Lips

Twilight Baby

Twilight Jewelry

ome5

Twilight Fragrances

Twilight Home Decor

ome4

They had a Twilight inspired band

All of the cars from the book were outside the theater

The production company sent over life sized cutouts of some of the actors and they had a photo both- which, of course, we took advantage of!

mctwilight

I have now fully embraced my Twilight dorkiness.  I discovered that getting excited about something (even if it is a book about vampires!) makes life interesting!  I mean, I could have just stayed in St Louis and gone to the movie with Joel or one of my girlfriends and that would have been that.  I would have missed out on all of the fun!  THANK YOU CAMI for all that you do for me, for being my friend and for letting me join you for the Twilight madness!  I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

PS- for all of you Twilight rookies out there OME stands for "Oh My Edward!" hee, hee...

2 comments:

Mandi said...

OME! i guess i'm a major rookie seeing that i still haven't seen it! embarassing i know! love the post. finally getting to see what that whole crazy afair was like! mormons are great, and weird and great at the same time! only wish i could have been there with yyou. i'll get to see it one of these days!

Kristen Crockett said...

ok, ok. I give in. I will get the book and read it! Our book group did it the month Charlotte was born and I never got caught up. It's so fun to get sucked into something like that. I wish we'd gone to some of the Harry Potter events--something to talk about later!